Author Topic: PCCW sucks ass  (Read 2431 times)

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
PCCW sucks ass
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »

Still trying to get an internet connection in Hong Kong.
PCCW completely sucks ass, apart for perhaps a couple of guys in Fo Tan who really have tried their best against the corporate droids who seem to infest this company.
PCCW have until Saturday then it will be the Hong Kong consumer council and finally OFCOM.

shanghailoz

• Special Member
Re: PCCW sucks ass
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »
Don't complain.

At least you can get 100Mbps internet thats mostly unfiltered.  I have to live with 2M and connection resets every time I want to do anything remotely involving google.  HK internet kicks ass over mainland internet..

Lawrence.

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
Hi,
I would have to disagree, unless they really messed up your China Internet.
Prior to my move, China Telicom had an optical feed to within 100m of my building, and most days(apart from the filters), my internet in China screamed......
 PCCW are legally bound to provide a connection within a suitable period, because they are the ONLY provider in that area, it is a term of their Governent license.

xaueious

• Special Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:07 AM »
I am considering getting a 3 plan with unlimited data to tether. Will avoid PCCW. Thanks for the tip.

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
Well I'm officially now in Kick-ass mode.
They guy to connect the phone did not turn up Sat, but the internet connection guy turned up in the afternoon, but could do nothing because there is no phone line.
They just used their 'last' chance.  Consumer council now has the file and a letter is off to OFCOM.

I am convinced this is all part of a long therm 'plot' to force people to the PCCW 'wifi anywhere' service , by deliberately making it so difficult to install a 'fixed' line they save money and force the consumer to pay more.
But this is strictly against their operating license in the New Territories, since they are the only provider.

Not to mention that their mobile phone service  sucks Co** as regards reception in this area, so I've just been 'spit roasted'

HC