Author Topic: Need help with sd card problem on herotab m802  (Read 2703 times)

randbflint

Need help with sd card problem on herotab m802
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:05:52 AM »
Just bought a new herotab m802 for my son for christmas.  Everything works great except it wont read the 16g sd card when its inserted.  The guys at merimobiles told me to update the firmware which i did but nothing new. Only registers the 4 gig internal memory??? Any suggestions?

My current firmware: 2.6.31-01012-g4f92f83-dirty.

Thanks

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
Re: Need help with sd card problem on herotab m802
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »

1. Try the SDcard in an adapter to windows. (does it work, is the card defective?)
2. Have you formatted the card.
3. Have you inserted the card correctly (some of these pads allow the 'card' to be inserted into the slot, but it does not actually enter into the internal card slot)

randbflint

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:14:34 AM »
I did format the card on my pc to make sure it was fat32.  Also i can read the card in my nook and both android cell phones.  the card is inserted correctly because i can feel it seat in the internal slot.  but thanks.

d_aero

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
I had this with my FR-809. Tried the card in Linux - ok - tried on Smart Phone - ok - added some pictures from phone - still not seen on Apad.

Tried in a USB adaptor using the Apad USB lead - could see it ok. Put card back in TF slot and could see. Don't know which step cured it but seems ok now.

Bit late for original poster. Hope this helps anyone else looking at similar problem.