Author Topic: Joining because you seem to know a lot...  (Read 2843 times)

xaueious

• Special Member
Joining because you seem to know a lot...
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
Ya...

Curious as to what the heck you are up to :D

I am getting myself one. Is this good enough reason to join?

By the way. I'm Canadian. Know a bit of Chinese here and there.

I don't have any skills with electronics. Might want to start somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:12:16 AM by xaueious »

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
Re: Joining because you seem to know a lot...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:09:22 AM »
Ya...

Curious as to what the heck you are up to :D

I am getting myself one. Is this good enough reason to join?

By the way. I'm Canadian. Know a bit of Chinese here and there.

I don't have any skills with electronics. Might want to start somewhere.

I'm up to absolutely anything I can get away with.........

The forum is new, but if we get enough people to drive it, maybe we can start  a 'modification' forum for some of these pads.

possibly adding integral blue tooth to this  pad device, and maybe supplying spare parts or 'fixit' help.

Then maybe some sort of 'programming' forum to help people get simple android apps up and running.

As to actual pads , I want to keep the number down to a minimum, I.E Freescale Imx51

xaueious

• Special Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »
Couldn't get you answering to PM's over on Slatedroid, so might as well ask here.

Should we as end-users try to buy any of these IMX515 tablets right now from a emissions safety and product reliability point of view? You seem to be really harsh on whoever is making the device, yet you seem to be for it as a development platform? Or are you referring to a particular variant?

My order hasn't left China yet, so I can still undo any potential damage.

Destroyer

• Administrator
    • Hardcore forensics
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »
Sorry bout that,
seems the forum does  not 'reflect' new posts at the lowest level...., must be the forum settings.

I would have to say that I have yet to see any of these products that meet the 'standards', as regards to being 'harsh' I present the facts as currently known. Anyone is entitled to question my opinion, including the manufacturers, but as of yet I don't see any sort of 'queue' forming, nor has anyone openly disputed any comments I have made.

I think The pads  should make a reasonable development platform, but since programmers and hardware engineers are renowned for not being the 'same' as joe public, they are more than capable of dealing with the issues related to these tablets.

Personally I see these tablet devices as an excellent platform for both being hacked and being a 'hackers' device (when carrying a laptop is too bulky)

Mp4

• Special Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:55:29 PM »
When I 1st got this tablet I was a little disappointed in the screen issues and all the little bugs , you would think I would, out of everyone understand the tablet market a little better then Joe america. But I can honestly say this is becoming one of the best tablet I have owned and with the ongoing HW and Firmware work I can see this being the must have tablet